The ACWA Workbench
Today it felt more like work than woodworking, these boards are heavy! It's the first day working on the top and we were able to get most of the boards milled on 2 sides. We will let them rest until tomorrow then mill them to final size.
We started by using the Festool track saw to make the long cuts but the boards proved to be too much work for it. We switched to the table saw which is not as accurate but since we are only cutting them too ruff width its not that big of deal.
After we had them to ruff width it was time to run one face over the jointer then stand it up and joint the edge. It's safe to say we have enough hamster bedding to last a lifetime!
Here are all but about 4 boards that we need to build the workbench top. After a short trip to hardware specialties tomorrow we will have all we need to finish.
Google told me that if I started a blog my page ranking would go up! So here it goes.