The ACWA Workbench
Today was a busy one. We made a good amount of progress and I think we are in good shape for finishing the bench in time Artistry in Wood.
We started with cleaning up the rest of the inward facing pieces of the legs and stretchers. Then dry fit everything, checked for square and drilled the draw bore holes in the tenons.
Glue up is always a stressful time in any wood shop but thanks to the draw bore pins this one couldn't have gone any easier. Just clean off the extra glue and we're done.
While we waited for the glue to set up Steve got to work on cutting out the cleats that will hold the shelf on the bottom of the bench, I think he needs to learn how to use a dust collector.
once the glue set a little we trimmed the pins flush. We will let the leg sections sit overnight to give the glue a chance to cure all the way. Then we will finish sand and plane the base, drill the holes for the carriage bolts and barrel nuts. After that it will be time to turn our attention to the bench top.
Leave a Reply.
Google told me that if I started a blog my page ranking would go up! So here it goes.